BLUE PLANET II

LIVE IN CONCERT

Take A Deep Breath


BLUE PLANET II - Live in Concert
Click the image to enlarge

FEATURING FILM SEQUENCES FROM THE BAFTA AWARD WINNING BBC ONE TV SERIES
 

ANITA RANI announced as host. Live accompaniment by CITY OF PRAGUE ORCHESTRA. Conducted by MATTHEW FREEMAN. Music by HANS ZIMMER, JACOB SHEA and DAVID FLEMING for Bleeding Fingers Music

 


We look forward to welcoming you at Blue Planet II Live in Concert a celebration of our incredible oceans. Following the broadcast of the television series Blue Planet II there was a surge in public concern about plastic pollution of our oceans and since then we have seen action being taken on an individual and global level to reduce the impact of plastic on our oceans.

When we launched the Blue Planet II Live in Concert tour this was at the forefront of our minds and we have worked closely with our venue partners to promote sustainable practices throughout the tour. These have included:

  • On tour, when it has been necessary to use bottled water the production team has been supplied with ‘Just Water’ a brand that has pioneered more sustainable packaging made from 54% paper and 28% plant based plastic, totalling 82% renewable content and it is fully recyclable.
  • Just Water is available to sample at all UK tour venues – look out for the sampling stations by your venues exit.
  • Recycling stations are available at all venues, if for safety reasons you are asked to use a plastic cup inside the venue we ask you to please make use of the recycling service when you dispose of your cup.
  • Our programmes have been printed with 100 % FSC approved recycled paper using a 100% waterless process in a factory powered by 100 % renewable energies and producing zero waste to landfill. In printing the programme we are helping to support a leading United Nations-backed project at the mouth of the Amazon rainforest which is helping to conserve 86,000 hectares of forest and to regenerate a further 1, 200 hectares of deforested land.
  • Every venue that we work with has an individual sustainability programme in place – please contact your local venue if you would like more details about this.
  • FKP Scorpio has partnered with Atmosfair to reduce the impact of CO2 emissions from our tour vehicles to an absolute minimum and to support Atmosfair’s climate protection projects.

If you have been inspired and would like more information about reducing your own plastic footprint you can visit www.bbc.co.uk/plasticswatc an initiative launched by the BBC in June 2018 to provide concrete tips and advice for audiences inspired to reduce their plastic footprint. Highlighting that individuals aren’t acting alone it tracks changes happening across the UK and beyond, following the global impact of Blue Planet II.




13 DATE UK & EIRE ARENA TOUR

Following the incredible success of the BAFTA award winning BBC ONE television series Blue Planet II, presented by Sir David Attenborough, BBC Studios and FKP Scorpio are proud to present a 13 date UK & Eire live tour, which will bring the wonders and mysteries of the planet’s oceans and wildlife to the UK arena stage.

The concert will be hosted by BBC presenter Anita Rani, a highly-respected TV personality. Anita is a household name as one of the presenters of the BBC One series Countryfile, and regularly appears in and presents the BBC’s One Show. She has also presented programmes including Bollywood: The World’s Biggest Film Industry and Watchdog. In 2015 Anita was also a contestant on Strictly Come Dancing.

Rani said of narrating Blue Planet II – Live In Concert: “I am really honoured to have the role of host on the Blue Planet II Live In Concert arena tour. The TV series was such a fantastic and enlightening show and has really empowered society to view our oceans and environment with a great deal more care. I can’t wait to stand on stage with an 80-piece orchestra and huge screen showing some of that incredible Blue Planet II footage, it should be an amazing experience!

A fantastical journey from icy polar seas to pulsating coral reefs, from the luminous deep sea to enormous kelp forests: immerse yourself with Blue Planet II – Live In Concert, a simply breath-taking and epic show that you will never forget.



Book your ticket now!

Advance venue ticket booking opens on 6th June. General on sale from Friday 8th June via www.blueplanet2live.co.uk. Tickets also available through Eventim.co.uk and Seetickets.com




BLUE PLANET II – an amazing story


The UK & Eire arena tour is a live adaptation of a television story that began some 20 years ago when a team of wildlife filmmakers from the BBC’s Natural History Unit set out to make a television series on the world’s oceans, the breadth and scale of which had never been seen before. Broadcast in 2001, the multi award-winning The Blue Planet, narrated by Sir David Attenborough, cemented the Unit’s peerless reputation for underwater filming.

Now, a generation later, the Natural History Unit has once again dived deep into the blue underworld, providing the audience with a completely new perspective on our oceans, coasts and coral ecosystems - full of mystery, surprise, and startling revelations. With the help of groundbreaking advancements in research and technology, the BBC ONE landmark series has not only presented the viewer with spectacular images but the public reaction to the series has raised awareness of how fragile our planet and environment has become from plastic contaminants and demonstrated the power of television to make an impact on society. The live concert adaptation is an extension of that striking visual and environmental narrative.

During the four-year filming of Blue Planet II, the teams embarked on 125 expeditions, travelled to 39 countries, filmed on all continents and in every ocean. They spent 6,000 hours deep-sea diving, 1,000 of which were on underwater boats. Logistically, some of these expeditions could be compared to a trip into space – such was the effort. In the process, the camera teams encountered creatures that appeared so strange that they really did seem to come from a different planet.

Revolutionary technology provided insights that the makers of the original series could never have imagined. With the help of endoscopic, low-light, towed and suction cameras, as well as diving robots and the latest underwater equipment, the camera teams ventured into the sea for longer and much deeper than ever before. This allowed them not only to enter new (underwater) worlds but also to discover new species and observe the previously unknown behaviour of the seas’ inhabitants.

BLUE PLANET II - Live in Concert
Click the image to enlarge




BLUE PLANET II – show trailer

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Tour and Tickets

Tour dates in 2019





26th March 20197.30 pm
Liverpool
Liverpool M&S Bank Arena
27th March 20197.30 pm
Manchester – Arena
28th March 20197.30 pm
Sheffield – FlyDSA Arena

Subject to change





SUSTAINABILITY

We look forward to welcoming you at Blue Planet II Live in Concert a celebration of our incredible oceans. Following the broadcast of the television series Blue Planet II there was a surge in public concern about plastic pollution of our oceans and since then we have seen action being taken on an individual and global level to reduce the impact of plastic on our oceans.

When we launched the Blue Planet II Live in Concert tour this was at the forefront of our minds and we have worked closely with our venue partners to promote sustainable practices throughout the tour. These have included:

On tour, when it has been necessary to use bottled water the production team has been supplied with ‘Just Water’ a brand that has pioneered more sustainable packaging made from 54% paper and 28% plant based plastic, totalling 82% renewable content and it is fully recyclable.

Just Water is available to sample at the exits of all UK tour venues – look out for the Just Water sampling stations by your venues exit.

Recycling stations are available at all venues, if for safety reasons you are asked to use a plastic cup inside the venue we ask you to please make use of the recycling service when you dispose of your cup.

Our programmes have been printed with 100 % FSC approved recycled paper using a 100% waterless process in a factory powered by 100 % renewable energies and producing zero waste to landfill. In printing the programme we are helping to support a leading United Nations-backed project at the mouth of the Amazon rainforest which is helping to conserve 86,000 hectares of forest and to regenerate a further 1, 200 hectares of deforested land.

Every venue that we work with has an individual sustainability programme in place – please contact your local venue if you would like more details about this.

FKP Scorpio has partnered with Atmosfair to reduce the impact of CO2 emissions from our tour vehicles to an absolute minimum and to support Atmosfair’s climate protection projects.

Contact

 

National Media enquiries

Wilful Publicity
William: william.luff@wilfulpublicity.co.uk
David: david.sullivan@wilfulpublicity.co.uk

Regional PR enquiries

Chuff Media
Warren: warren@chuffmedia.com
Jenny: jenny@chuffmedia.com

Press Release

Find information about the show and material for publishing here.


 
 
 
 
 
 

Blue Planet II Live in Concert is a BBC Studios Natural History Unit Production and licensed by FKP Scorpio


 

BBC EARTH
fkp scorpio


 

The BBC is a trademark of the British Broadcasting Corporation and is used under license. BBC logo © 1996